Godstopper banner

Thursday 30 August 2012

Krallice - Years Past Matter





Bought this last week as soon as I heard it was available. Waited a short while to let the album sink in. Been playing it almost non-stop though.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that it's the best Krallice album so far. That's a tough call considering how great all the other Krallice albums were.

Still nowhere near getting my head round all the twists and turns of the riffs. Strange melodies suddenly appear out of atonal chaos. Everything shifts constantly. Completely incomprehensible. Utterly detailed. Pure genius.

There seems to be a slight pull towards the Orthrelm side of the band rather than the Behold The Arctopus side. I'm not sure, kind of less black metal. Not that Krallice are really a black metal band. Whatever black metal is. I think this is something that's still waiting for someone to coin a phrase for it.

Whatever you want to call it, this album is essential.

No doubt I'll be picking up the vinyl when it comes out. Bit of a collector when it comes to Mick Barr stuff:-



And that's only some of it. Still need to get the Krallice flexi that came with a copy of Decibel magazine so get in touch if you want to trade or something.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree... Plus I've got at least half of you Mick Barr collection myself... Does that make me half as geeky?

    Best album so far. Almost makes me want to form a tribute band...

    ReplyDelete