Godstopper banner

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Forward Strategy Group - Labour Division





Apologies but I'm not that good at describing techno. If my description fails to convince then let it be known that this album is my favourite techno thing in ages and I've been listening to it constantly for the past month or two. It's essential stuff.

It's got a stripped down industrial feel to it. I think I first read about Forward Strategy Group in an article describing them as bringing in elements of old industrial music and bleak British post-punk stuff. It's a fair point. Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire and all that other good stuff. Inevitably that'll also bring up comparisons with the likes of Surgeon and Regis and all that Birmingham techno stuff but that's a compliment in my book.

At points it almost sounds like the clanking and scraping of machines making the sounds. It's incredibly well produced though and does that magic thing that the best techno does of being utterly complex without you realising it. It's definitely not from the recent scene of harsh noise heads dabbling with making techno. It's definitely folk who know exactly what they're doing.

As I said, I'm shite at describing techno but this is bloody brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment