Godstopper banner

Friday 19 October 2012

Skullflower - IIIrd Gatekeeper





Possibly Skullflower's finest moment. From 1992 and it still holds up. Not that I heard it back then. I was listening to Guns N Roses. I did hear it in the early noughties though. Back in the days before soulseek and mediafire when someone had to tape you things.

I'll happily stamp on them rose tinted glasses though. I reckon it's much better now that people can get access to underground music.

First heard Mr Bower's stuff when I ordered a split tape his Total project did with Merzbow after a reading a review in Terrorizer. Back when Terrorizer was worth buying and wasn't just about shit euro goth-metal. Blah blah blah moan moan moan.

Anyway, Skullflower and this album. Skullflower have churned out tons of stuff and their side projects release ridiculous amounts of stuff. No way of keeping it up with it all and no point either. If you're releasing tons of CDrs a year there's diminishing returns.

Nope, you can happily live with just this album. Total far out noise rock. Endless feedback. Churning proto-Earth/Sunn stuff with a no-audience UK underground stamp on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment