Godstopper banner

Sunday 11 November 2012

Godspeed You Black Emperor - Allelelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!





http://boomkat.com/downloads/585516-godspeed-you-black-emperor-allelujah-don-t-bend-ascend

OK, I'll admit that I was Mr Sneering Cynical Music Snob when I heard that Godspeed were another album. Y'know, "ooh, another load of the same old endless arpeggios". I guess it's not their fault that their sound has launched umpteen thousand dull post rock imitators.

Friends were giving it good reports though so I checked out a youtube video or two. Sounded great. Totally remembered why I liked the band in the first place.

Been listening to it loads recently and it keeps throwing up new things. Oh, and it's a million miles away from generic post-rock blandness. Definitely worth getting, especially as Boomkat are charging just £3.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment