Godstopper banner

Saturday 3 August 2013

Meridian Brothers - Desesperanza (Soundway)

One of those bands that's impossible to describe. Think a mix of The Residents, Ethiopiques compilations, 60s surf instrumentals, old 60s electronics and Latin American psych stuff like Os Mutantes and that Tropicalia compilation Soul Jazz put out.

This Colombian band are dead tuneful but in a really bizarre way. Highly recommended though.





Oh, and they've also done one of the strangest covers of Purple Haze I've heard



Boomkat is the place for FLAC of this

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered the Meridian Brothers, years after everyone else! I concur with the strangest cover version of Purple Haze ever award - I had no idea I was desperate to hear a Latin version of Picky Picnic, but now that I have, I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete